How to enrol to this course?
If you are interested in enrolling to this course?| CLICK HERE
If you have been informed about the availabilty of this course by our team then pls click on ‘BOOK NOW’ button beside the course fee to book for a course.
Click here for an EASY VIDEO GUIDE on how to book a course, get zoom link access and check notes & upload homework.
Please Note: As we do small group lessons so the published dates are tentative and can be slightly moved depending on the enrollments.
Agenda for 6 lessons:
Creative Writing Program for 11+ :
Lesson 1: Introduction – What makes a piece of writing go from ‘good’ to ‘great’?
This session will introduce students to the course and the concept of creative writing. Students will be given sample pieces of writing and be asked to discuss what is good about the essays and what could be improved. This should give students an insight into the style of creative writing and allow them to identify important elements within other’s work, and therefore improve their own.
Lesson 2: Creating Characters – What makes a character interesting and engaging?
All great pieces of creative writing must have a strong, well-developed and interesting character. In this lesson, we will discuss what makes a character appealing to the reader, and have a go at creating detailed descriptions of a character of their choice that will be included in their final piece of writing that will be finished in the last session.
Lesson 3: Setting the Scene – How to develop a convincing, powerful plot:
Every great story largely depends upon the plot, where it is set, when, what will happen, and how to tie all of these different factors together into a coherent and engaging story. The students will be asked to discuss short plot ideas that will be prompted by a number of different scenarios in order to improve their ability to think on the spot (a great quality for exams), and use their imaginations. By the end of the session, students will have a description of a plot for their final piece of writing.
Lesson 4: Getting Speech Savvy – How and when to ‘speak’:
This lesson will focus on teaching students the appropriate punctuation around speech, and how and when is best to use speech to improve their writing. Students will practice including speech in their work.
Lesson 5: Making a Second Draft – How to improve your own work:
The writing the students have done throughout the week is now used as a first draft to edit and improve. Allowing the students to become informed critics of their own work so they can correct it and boost their marks themselves.
Lesson 6: Writing Exercises – Practice makes perfect!
This lesson will involve a range of different activities specifically designed to develop the student’s writing style, ability to form ideas, plots, and overall quality of writing.This will be a fun, informative lesson that focuses upon improving the imagination and helping the students to learn to ‘think outside the box’ and get excited about their writing and ideas.
Students will finalise and then read their final drafts and will receive feedback on their writing. This will focus on reinforcing what the students have learnt throughout the course.
Things you should know before taking the HUNARly classes:
- Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
- Students code of conduct to be followed during the lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1rRraSHPE&t=30s
- After enrolling to the course, you will get access to ‘Learning Portal’ Tab. You can see the class notes listed, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead. The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the Learning Portal depending on the session’s progress.
- As these are small group lessons, so the course start date or classes during the holidays are tentative and can be slightly moved if more than 70% of participants have requested a change or are not available.
- During the course, if the teacher is not available, then we have the right to arrange a cover teacher or extend the course dates. We handpick the best teachers and do the due diligence for you so that the child’s learning is not discontinued.
- We are only responsible for the teaching of the courses and not the exam registrations. We can guide you upon request but we encourage you to be on top with the dates and submissions so that you do not miss out on important deadlines.
Any cancellation requests after payment will be refunded as HUNARly credits only, which means you can use the amount for your next course booking. We recommend you go through the course agenda, teacher profile, course fee, and after that proceed to enroll in the course.
Any queries, contact on whatsapp 07393129963 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TELL US YOUR CHILD’S AVAILABILITY
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes