Who is this course for?
This is an intensive 11plus concept-building and mastery course for YR5. It has 12 lessons, Weekly 1.5hour course of teaching followed by intense practice tests every week on our ‘state of art’ online exam platform. Ensuring your child is fully prepared for all aspects of the 11 PLUS. Students go through warm up, concept explanation, and also solve many exercises in the class.
How to enrol to this course?
Enrol and show your interest today! And we will get back to you with space allocation details 👍https://www.hunarly.com/timetable/Timetable – HUNARly
If your interested course is NOT in the published timetable, then please register your interest in this form. We will update you very soon with a slot 👍: https://www.hunarly.com/quiz/enrol-interest/
Intensive online practice tool:
Online practice tests will be scheduled and assigned each week on our platform. These tests will focus on reinforcing what the students have learnt throughout each week. Practice results will be monitored by the teacher and common wrong questions will be discussed in the upcoming class.
Agenda for 12 lessons:
Grammar- Parts of speech (nouns, pronouns, adverbs, prepositions, Determiners, Conjunctions, etc), Main and Subordinate Clauses, Active and Passive Voice.Spelling rules- Prefixes and Suffixes, Plurals, Homophones, Awkward Spellings, Mixed Spelling – words with double letters, standard letter strings, words with silent letters. Punctuation – Speech marks, Parentheses, Commas , Full Stops ,Semi-Colons, Ellipses, Hyphens, Brackets, Dashes, Apostrophes, Mixed Punctuation.
Vocabulary – Synonyms and Antonyms, Gendered Words, Abbreviations, Acronyms, Compound words, Definition of words, Diminutives, Positives, comparatives, and superlatives
Literacy devices & Sentence Structure – Alliterations and Onomatopoeia, Similes, metaphors, hyperbole, Personification. Writing composition refers to the ways that a pupil plans, structures and revises their writing texts. Writing techniques to persuade, narrate, explain, describe and practice story titles.
Reading Comprehension – Making Inferences for Vocabulary, Retrieval, Feelings questions, and Language questions to identify devices. Multiple choice comprehension exam questions, How to work out Cloze comprehension questions, Tips and secrets to get better at comprehension.
Which Exam this course aims for:
11 Plus Grammar School Exam
Course Progression Path:
Intensive Mastery –> Intensive Practice Courses -> Mock Tests Programme.
Things you should know before taking the HUNARly classes:
- Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
- Students code of conduct to be followed during the lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1rRraSHPE&t=30s
- After enrolling to the course, you will get access to ‘Learning Portal’ Tab. You can see the class notes listed, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead. The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the Learning Portal depending on the session’s progress.
- As these are small group lessons, so the course start date or classes during the holidays are tentative and can be slightly moved if more than 70% of participants have requested a change or are not available.
- During the course, if the teacher is not available, then we have the right to arrange a cover teacher or extend the course dates. We handpick the best teachers and do the due diligence for you so that the child’s learning is not discontinued.
- We are only responsible for the teaching of the courses and not the exam registrations. We can guide you upon request but we encourage you to be on top with the dates and submissions so that you do not miss out on important deadlines.
Any cancellation requests after payment will be refunded as HUNARly credits only, which means you can use the amount for your next course booking. We recommend you go through the course agenda, teacher profile, course fee, and after that proceed to enroll in the course.
Any queries, contact on whatsapp 07393129963 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 17
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self