How to enrol to this course?
If you are interested in enrolling to this course?| CLICK HERE
If you have been informed about the availabilty of this course by our team then pls click on ‘BOOK NOW’ button beside the course fee to book for a course.
Click here for an EASY VIDEO GUIDE on how to book a course, get zoom link access and check notes & upload homework.
Please Note: As we do small group lessons so the published dates are tentative and can be slightly moved depending on the enrollments.
Agenda for 8 lessons:
Lesson 1 – Nouns and Pronouns.
- Deciding which determiner to use ahead of different
- Exploring the different types of nouns e.g., common nouns, proper nouns, concrete nouns, abstract nouns, (un)countable nouns.
- How to use personal and possessive pronouns in the place of nouns.
- Spotting and understanding the use of nouns and pronouns in text.
Lesson 2 – Verbs, Adverbs and Prepositions.
- Brief refresher activity on nouns and pronouns.
- Understanding what verbs and adverbs
- Exploring how these can be used in text.
- Differentiating between prepositional and adverbial
Lesson 3 – Verb Inflections and Effective Paragraphing
- Brief recap of verb and adverb use.
- Understanding and identifying Standard English verb inflections.
- Selecting the correct verb inflection based on tense (e.g., I did…, I am doing…, I have done…, I will do…)
- Exploring the purpose of paragraphs in text and how to separate these properly and clearly.
Lesson 4 – Using Commas and Fronted Adverbials.
- Brief recap about adverbial phrases.
- Explanation of fronted adverbials and how to use commas with these.
- Exploring the functions and other uses for commas e.g., listing or between clauses.
Lesson 5 – Using Clauses and Conjunctions.
- Brief refresher on fronted adverbials.
- Combining simple sentences with a conjunction to form a compound sentence.
- Understanding what a clause is and identifying main or subordinate clauses.
- Exploring the relationship between clauses and the need for commas between them.
Lesson 6 – Using Apostrophes correctly.
- Brief recap around the role of commas in sentences.
- Discussing what purpose an apostrophe has in our writing.
- Using apostrophes in
- Placing possessive apostrophes correctly (singular or plural ownership e.g., girl’s vs. girls’)
- Understanding the difference between ‘its’ and ‘it’s’.
Lesson 7 – Prefixes and Suffixes.
- Quick activity testing apostrophe use.
- Exploring what prefixes and suffixes
- Understanding how we can guess the meaning of a word using these.
Lesson 8 – Homophones, Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Refresher of prefixes and suffixes.
- Identifying synonyms and antonyms.
- Understanding what a homophone
- Covering the most common homophone spellings (e.g., there and their)
Things you should know before taking the HUNARly classes:
- Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
- Students code of conduct to be followed during the lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1rRraSHPE&t=30s
- After enrolling to the course, you will get access to ‘Learning Portal’ Tab. You can see the class notes listed, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead. The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the Learning Portal depending on the session’s progress.
- As these are small group lessons, so the course start date or classes during the holidays are tentative and can be slightly moved if more than 70% of participants have requested a change or are not available.
- During the course, if the teacher is not available, then we have the right to arrange a cover teacher or extend the course dates. We handpick the best teachers and do the due diligence for you so that the child’s learning is not discontinued.
- We are only responsible for the teaching of the courses and not the exam registrations. We can guide you upon request but we encourage you to be on top with the dates and submissions so that you do not miss out on important deadlines.
Any cancellation requests after payment will be refunded as HUNARly credits only, which means you can use the amount for your next course booking. We recommend you go through the course agenda, teacher profile, course fee, and after that proceed to enroll in the course.
Any queries, contact on whatsapp 07393129963 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TELL US YOUR CHILD’S AVAILABILITY
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes