Who is this course for?
This course is for those aiming for excellence and planning to takeup ABRSM Grade 1 Exam.Interactive, friendly and Intensive tuition from a professional pianist. The teacher will ensure that every participant receives advice and attention. Below is the well-planned program details to learn the secret of playing the Piano. The possibilities are endless!
Please Note: You can join HUNARly Courses by following the course’s progression path or you can also contact us to take an assessment for that level to directly enroll for it.
How to enrol to this course?
If you are interested in enrolling to this course?| CLICK HERE
If you have been informed about the availabilty of this course by our team then pls click on ‘BOOK NOW’ button beside the course fee to book for a course.
Click here for an EASY VIDEO GUIDE on how to book a course, get zoom link access and check notes & upload homework.
Please Note: As we do small group lessons so the published dates are tentative and can be slightly moved depending on the enrollments.
Have a look at the Class Glimpse:
Piano ABRSM Grade1 Programme :- https://youtu.be/YoD4MARd5So
Glimpse2 (interaction) :- https://youtu.be/dKfKL25smFc
Agenda for 16 lessons:
Objective of this program is to teach students the content of ABRSM Grade 1 material.
The ABRSM Grade 1 Exam consists of 4 section:
- Songs: Students are required to play 3 songs – one from List A, List B and List C respectively
- Scales and arpeggios
- Sight Reading – Candidates will be asked to play a short unaccompanied piece of music which they have not seen before. They will be given half a minute to look through and, if they wish, try out all or any part of the test before they are asked to play it for assessment.
- Aural Test – 4 sections in aural test: (a)To clap the pulse of a piece played by the examiner, and to identify whether it is in two time or three time (2) To sing as ‘echoes’ three phrases played by the examiner (c) To identify where a change in pitch occurs during a phrase played by the examiner. (d)To answer a question about two features of the piece played by examiner
– Explain the breakdown of the ABRSM Grade 1 Exam
– Introduce C major Scale and G major Scale hands separately
– Learn List A song hands separately
– Review C major Scale & G major scale hands separately, then learn to play them hands together
– Continuing with the List A song hands separately, if students are ready, I will teach them how to play two hands together
– Introduce the idea of sight reading (the idea of being able to read music and play on the spot)and give each student a passage to sight read
– Review C and G major hands together, then introduce C contrary motion scale
– Review List A piece and polish it (work on the musicality, the dynamics of the song etc). Ask students to use metronome if needed
– Introduce the list B piece, and learn it hands separately
– More sight-reading training
– Introduce one of the 4 components of the aural test (4a as listed above: the idea of being able to clap the pulse of a piece played by the examiner and to identify whether it is in two or three time)
– Review C and G major scale hands together as well as C contrary motion scale.
– New scale this week is F major scale (learn it hands separately) and A harmonic minor scale
– Polish list A piece
– Continuing learning List B piece, depends on the students’ progress, we could potentially learn it hands together
– More Sight-Reading Practice
– More aural test training on (a), then introduce the aural test training (b), which is the idea of being able to sing as ‘echoes’ three phrases played by the examiner
– Learn F major scales hands together
– Review List A and List B piece again and help students practice
– Continue learning List B piece hands together
– Sight read training
– Aural test training on (a) and (b)
– Review all scales so far, then new this week is D harmonic minor scale
– Depends on the students’ ability, we might be able to start List C piece today, hands separately
– Polish list A piece and continuing learning list B piece. I will ask each individual students to play their piece in front of their peers and ask everyone to give comments & feedback.
– Sight reading practice
– Review all scales. New this week is G major arpeggios hands separately
– Learn List C piece hands separatel
– Bring up the speed of the List A and List B piece.
– Lesson 8
Sight Reading Practice
– Introduce aural test component ‘c’ – the idea of identifying where a change in pitch occurs during a phrase played by the examiner
– Review all scales and arpeggios. New this week is A minor arpeggios hands separately
– Review List A & B piece, keeps polishing them
– Lesson 10
Learn List C piece hands together if students are ready. If not, keep reviewing and practicing hands separately with them
– Sight Reading Practice
– Review aural test component ‘c’
– Now that all scales and arpeggios are done, I will randomly pick 2 scales for each students to play in class as review
– Keep polishing List A and B piece
– Continuing learning List C piece hands together, work on the details
– Sight reading practice
– Review aural test component ‘a’ ‘b’ ‘c’
– Picking random scales and arpeggios for students to play in class to see if they remember them
– Continuing learning list C piece, polish it
– Sight reading practice
– Introduce aural test component ‘d’ – where students need answer a question about two features of the piece played by examiner
Lesson 15 & 16
– Big review and mock test
Which Exam this course aims for:
ABRSM Music Grade Exam
Course Progression Path:
Things you should know before taking the HUNARly classes:
- Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
- Students code of conduct to be followed during the lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1rRraSHPE&t=30s
- After enrolling to the course, you will get access to ‘Learning Portal’ Tab. You can see the class notes listed, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead. The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the Learning Portal depending on the session’s progress.
- As these are small group lessons, so the course start date or classes during the holidays are tentative and can be slightly moved if more than 70% of participants have requested a change or are not available.
- During the course, if the teacher is not available, then we have the right to arrange a cover teacher or extend the course dates. We handpick the best teachers and do the due diligence for you so that the child’s learning is not discontinued.
- We are only responsible for the teaching of the courses and not the exam registrations. We can guide you upon request but we encourage you to be on top with the dates and submissions so that you do not miss out on important deadlines.
Any cancellation requests after payment will be refunded as HUNARly credits only, which means you can use the amount for your next course booking. We recommend you go through the course agenda, teacher profile, course fee, and after that proceed to enroll in the course.
Any queries, contact on whatsapp 07393129963 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TELL US YOUR CHILD’S AVAILABILITY
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 16
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes