Piano Beginners Programme (8 Lessons)
COURSE NEW BATCHES:
Starts 9th Feb Tuesdays, 5pm-6pm
Starts 11th Feb Thursdays, 5pm-6pm
As we do small group lessons so the published dates are tentative and can be slightly moved depending on the enrollments.
How to book a Course?
Click on ‘Add to Cart’ button beside the course fee to book for a course. Click here for an EASY VIDEO GUIDE to how to book a course, get zoom link access and check notes & upload homework.
Fill this form if you are interested in any of our courses and we will call you on priority to book the space for you in upcoming batches. https://www.hunarly.com/enrolment-form/
Who this course is for:
This is PIANO Beginners course. Interactive, friendly and Intensive tuition from a professional pianist. The teacher will ensure that every participant receives advice and attention. Below is the well-planned program details to learn the secret of playing the Piano. The possibilities are endless!
Course progression: Beginners’ programme -> Intermediate Level Programme-> ABRSM Initial Grade preparation course. -> Intensive Practice Course -> ABRSM GRADE1 ->Intensive Practice Course
Please Note: You can join HUNARly Courses by following the course’s progression path or you can also contact us to take an assessment for that level to directly enroll for it.
Below is the 8 Week Agenda:
– Learn basic right hand (RH) and left hand (LH) notes. This hand position is called C position.
– Review Ode to Joy (A song for RH) and Love Me Tender (A song for LH)
– Learn and understand how music notes look like when the RH and LH are put together
– Lastly, we will play 2 songs that involve both hands: Mexican Hat Dance and Rock Along.
– Afterwards I will give students some writing exercises. We will end the class by playing some musical games.
– We will start off by reviewing last class’s material
– I will teach the students some fingering exercises that help strengthening their fingers
– Then we will look at different note values (some notes are shorter, some notes are longer).
– Afterwards we will learn about 2 different dynamics (soft, and loud)
– Lastly, we will learn how to play intervals (2 notes at once) and apply that into a song.
– We will learn more about intervals and apply that into Jingle Bells.
– Afterwards, we will learn about the C Major Chord.
– We will be playing Brother John to demonstrate how a C Major Chord is used.
– Once students understand C Major Chord, I will introduce them to another chord: G7 Chord which also involves learning a new note in the LH.
– We will sum up this class by playing Merrily we roll along.
– After reviewing the C and G7 Chord, I will introduce another new note in the LH.
– I will then introduce them to a new Chord: F Major Chord
– We will do a warm-up exercise using C, G7 and F Major Chord
– Our focus this lesson is to learn When the Saint Go Marching In. This song uses all 3 chords that we covered so far.
– We will end the class by doing some writing exercises and more musical games.
– By this class, students should be able to read music notes sufficiently
– I will start the class by introducing students a new set of notes and a new hand position: G position.
– After learning these new notes, we will review by learning 2 new songs: Love Somebody and A friend Like You
– We will end the class by learning how to draw these new notes and by doing a short music quiz!
– We will start off the class by reviewing the G position and by playing the last 2 songs again
– Our focus this lesson is to learn about the Sharp Sign (#) in music.
– We will be playing Money Can’t Buy Everything
– We will end the class by learning a new chord: D7 chord, we will also do another short music quiz to test the student’s progress
– We will review the D7 Chord
– Afterwards, we will apply the D7 chord into two song The Cuckoo, and The Harp Song
– We will do a final review of all the songs we learnt so far so students can pick a song for the online recital.
– We will end the class by playing some musical games
– First half of the class will be used to do an online recital. Parents are welcomed to join. I will be performing a song for the students as well.
– Afterwards, we will learn a short children song of student’s choice (Baby Shark / Frozen / Spiderman theme song…whatever they want) together to end this piano program!
Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
Here are a few key things that help to easily acquire knowledge for your child and a few things that delay the learning process:
Under the ‘Learning Portal Tab’, you can see the notes listed for 8 lessons, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead.
The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the curriculum depending on the session’s progress. So please practice only what is taught in the class and use the curriculum notes only as a reference to practice.
All the Best for the lessons ahead and enjoy the programme!
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1hour per class. Total 8 Lessons
- Skill level Beginners
- Language English
- Students 13
- Assessments Yes