Who is this course for?
In this course, students will be working on their individual project ideas, starting from the basic blocks that we learnt in beginners and intermediate level. No kidding! Scratch, the programming language we use (developed by MIT), is so fun that it makes programming seem like a game.
We’ll learn by doing. The course is designed so that you create the games and applications with your own two hands. But what makes this course truly unique is the teaching method, we learn a variety of computer science topics, but we hide the complexity behind characters, animations, analogies and fun!
That’s because, in these carefully designed lessons, we train our intuition to make sense of what we want to achieve and how to get there. This will help you quickly master the basics. After this course, you’ll learn text-based programming languages like Python at a blazing speed and quickly make sense of any piece of code.
Since, we already covered basic concept in our beginners and intermediate lessons. This expert level course is designed to utilize the learnt concepts through a series of assignment and mini-projects.
How to enrol to this course?
If you are interested in enrolling to this course?| CLICK HERE
If you have been informed about the availabilty of this course by our team then pls click on ‘BOOK NOW’ button beside the course fee to book for a course.
Click here for an EASY VIDEO GUIDE on how to book a course, get zoom link access and check notes & upload homework.
Please Note: As we do small group lessons so the published dates are tentative and can be slightly moved depending on the enrollments.
Agenda for 12 Lessons:
- Learning X and Y Coordinates
- Coordinates project designed by student
- Understanding motion code blocks
- Tests your knowledge on the Motion Category of Scratch Programming
- Sprites in scratch
- Understanding looks code blocks
- Understanding Sounds code blocks in Scratch
- Understanding Events in Scratch
- Assignment for students to make a project utilizing learnt concepts
- Understanding Operators code blocks in Scratch
- Embedding operators blocks with each other
- Using operators block as a condition in the conditional loop
- Understanding Controls code blocks in Scratch
- Understanding sensing code blocks in Scratch
- Utilizing keyboard keys and mouse for sensing
- Math Game
- Asking User for Choice
- Displaying Random Questions
- Checking Correct Answers
- Explain code blocks
- Scratch programming worksheets
- Quiz for students
Learn the “iterative design process” for designing programs. This is another fancy name that describes the idea that something complex can be designed in a repeated idea -> implement -> test cycle, such that in each cycle we add a little more complexity.
Learn the design process:
Besides these technical concepts, you will also learn the “divide and conquer” approach of problem-solving. This is a fancy term for the technique of breaking down a bigger problem into many smaller problems and solving them separately one by one
- What is Variable?
- Difference between Local and Global variables
- Understanding Variables in Scratch
- Understanding Lists in Scratch
- Brain storming for student’s individual projects
- Initial design elements will be discussed
- Finalizing student’s project
- Student’s work presentation
- Students will share their individual projects followed by the explanation of code blocks and their usage
Things you should know before taking the HUNARly classes:
- Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
- Students code of conduct to be followed during the lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1rRraSHPE&t=30s
- After enrolling to the course, you will get access to ‘Learning Portal’ Tab. You can see the class notes listed, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead. The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the Learning Portal depending on the session’s progress.
- As these are small group lessons, so the course start date or classes during the holidays are tentative and can be slightly moved if more than 70% of participants have requested a change or are not available.
- During the course, if the teacher is not available, then we have the right to arrange a cover teacher or extend the course dates. We handpick the best teachers and do the due diligence for you so that the child’s learning is not discontinued.
- We are only responsible for the teaching of the courses and not the exam registrations. We can guide you upon request but we encourage you to be on top with the dates and submissions so that you do not miss out on important deadlines.
Any cancellation requests after payment will be refunded as HUNARly credits only, which means you can use the amount for your next course booking. We recommend you go through the course agenda, teacher profile, course fee, and after that proceed to enroll in the course.
Any queries, contact on whatsapp 07393129963 or you can also email us at email@example.com
TELL US YOUR CHILD’S AVAILABILITY
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes