Interactive, friendly and Intensive tuition from a professional pianist. The teacher will ensure that every participant receives advice and attention. Below is the well-planned program details to learn the secret of playing the Piano. The possibilities are endless!
12 Lessons PIANO Program (Intermediate Level):
People who join this class should be able to read music notes and understand basic rhythm
– Goal is to get an idea of what level the students are at (how well they know their notes, how well can they read music etc)
– To start the class, we will do some warm-up exercises (C major scale / G major scale)
– Afterward I will introduce students to 3 chords (C chord / G7 chord / F chord)
– We will be learning to play “When the saint go marching in”, and “what can I share?” which are two simple songs that uses all 3 chords
– To end the class we will play a rhythm game and review some musical terms
– We will start off by reviewing last class’s material
– I will teach the students some fingering exercises that help strengthening their fingers
– Then we will learn a new set of notes and a new hand position: G position
– After learning these new notes, we will review by learning 2 new songs: Love Somebody and
A friend Like You
– We will end the class by learning how to draw these new notes and by doing a short music quiz!
– We will start off the class by reviewing the G position and by playing the last 2 songs again
– Our focus this lesson is to learn about the Sharp Sign (#) in music.
– We will be playing Money Can’t Buy Everything
– Next, I will introduce the students to 2 new chord: G chord and D7 chord. We will then learn
to play The Cuckoo
– To end the class we will also do another short music quiz to test the student’s progress –
– After reviewing the G chord and the D7 chord, I will ask each student to play The Cuckoo to make sure they practice and fully understand the notes
– We will then play “the harp song”, which also uses the G chord and the D7 chord.
– Afterwards, I will introduce a new note (E) and a new chord for the left hand.
– We will start learning another new song “Beautiful brown eyes”
– We will end the class by doing some writing exercises and more musical games.
– By this class, students should be able to identify all 5 chords (C, G7, F, G, D7)
– We will first do some review then we will finish learning “Beautiful brown eyes”
– This is a harder song so we will focus more time on it
– We will end the class by doing some writing exercises and a rhythm game
– To start the class we will first do some fingering exercises as warm ups
– Then we will review “Beautiful Brown Eyes”
– Afterwards we will learn a new hand position: Middle C position.
– We will be learning “Waltz time” and “happy birthday to you” that is in Middle C Position.
– Last but not least, I will be introducing a new rhythm to the students (8th notes)
– We will end the class by playing a rhythm game
– This class will be a big review class, we will review all 10 songs we learn these 4 weeks
– Students can pick a song that they want to perform on the 8th class during the online recital
– I will introduce one last new rhythm to the students (Dotted rhythm).
– We will learn a simple version of “Deck the hall” to end the class 8th class
– First half of the class will be used to do an online recital. Parents are welcomed to join. I will be performing a song for the students as well.
We will learn a short children song of student’s together to end this piano program
Existing students can click here for notes:
Intermediate 12 lessons for only £6.99 per class
payment for 12 lessons and will not be disturbed with reminders!
Intermediate 6 lessons for only £6.99 per class
Payment for 6 lessons! Useful for those who prefer to pay in 2 installments
Tuesday, December 1, 2020 - Tuesday, February 16, 2021