Hello everyone! This is a program of 8 classes to learn how to paint with acrylics or tempera paint. We will learn how to use our colours and brushes correctly along with theory which is fundamental to be able to represent the world around us and combine shapes and colours in multiple ways.
1. Brushes and their use: we will observe our brushes with their sizes and shapes and we will discover how important it is to be able to choose the right brush to apply the colour in different ways.
You will need a few Brushes: 3 FLAT(small,medium and big) and 3 POINTED ROUND (small, medium, big).
You will need ACRYLICS or TEMPERA painting.
We will use each brush to create colorful lines and pattern to experiment and discover when to use them to experience your creativity fully while painting.
2. Learn how to create warm and cool colours: This is an experimental class where we will have fun mixing our primary colours to be able to determine all the possible results we can get! We will start creating a randomized abstract design and we will compare our compositions at the end of the class and observe harmonies and contrasts of tones.
3. Learn the complementary colours: Observing how to mix the colours to generate more visual contrasts. We will also observe how these colours can highlight elements in a composition. We will focus on the colour mixture to generate a nice pop art style work.
4. Improving precision: We will be colouring within a hand drawn silhouette – This is a pure hand practice to become familiar with your canvas while colouring and acquire speed through exercise. We will draw a series of empty shapes and exercise with our brush and paint.
5. Atmospheric perspective: how to represent elements in the distance through colour only. This is an observational class, we will have a look on a few pictures of mountains and large landscapes to observe the tones and will practice afterwards to recreate the same hues and level of saturation.
6. Balancing your composition – learn the rules to create your own compositions – This is a theorical class, we will start considering the importance of the elements distribuition to the colouring part determining the palette variety and lights and shadows placement.
7. The abstract composition: Create and expressive artwork through shapes and colours, Lines and curves. We will focus on the contrast and harmony of elements in size and shapes in a non-realistic representation.
8. Painting Techniques application : We will paint a Colorful and Dynamic Flower composition. It will be a Boquet made of different brush strokes and colours.
You will learn how to create a balanced abstract composition through shapes and colours. We will use a coloured pencil to draw our composition first and we will fill it with Acrylics or Tempera colours. This is an exercise to keep practicing with the hand control inside a silhouette but also to keep observing how the colours look when next to each other, is it a contrast or an harmony, do they highlight each other or is there a cool or warm colour?
We will apply most of the knowledge acquired in the previous classes.
£49.99Online booking closed
Sunday, September 20, 2020 - Sunday, October 18, 2020