Who is this course for?
Expand your child’s horizon as they learn more about the joy of creative writing and become confident in using bold, exciting vocabulary. This online programme is designed for primary school learners, who want to learn about Creative Writing techniques, tools, and topics like outlining, storytelling, character development, creating a compelling plot, and how to make your words more artful. Most parents don’t know how to help their children in this area. Just writing story after story won’t help much, children need real guidance(we literally mean a bit of handholding :)). This course covers the ground fully and helps children to develop the skills necessary to attain the highest marks.
This course is suitable for YR2,YR3, and YR4. Even YR5 beginners can join this but we also have 11plus exclusive bootcamp for YR5, contact admin for details.
How to enrol to this course?
If you are interested in enrolling to this course?| CLICK HERE
If you have been informed about the availabilty of this course by our team then pls click on ‘BOOK NOW’ button beside the course fee to book for a course.
Click here for an EASY VIDEO GUIDE on how to book a course, get zoom link access and check notes & upload homework.
Please Note: As we do small group lessons so the published dates are tentative and can be slightly moved depending on the enrollments.
Have a look at the Class Glimpse:
Agenda for 6 lessons:
Lesson 1: Introduction -this session will be an introduction to the course and the concept of creative writing, making the students think about their favourite pieces of creative writing and what makes them so good
Lesson 2: Creating Characters – an interesting piece of creative writing must have an interesting character, so we will explore how a writer creates a character the reader will be invested in.
Lesson 3: Creating Settings – the plot of a story often revolves around the setting, so we will discuss how the setting and description of it, influences the plot.
Lesson 4: Creating Speech – this session will involve explaining punctuation around speech and when and how to use speech to improve a piece of creative writing.
Lesson 5: Making a Second Draft – the writing students have done previously were first drafts, so now they will learn how to write a second draft, improving upon their previous work.
Lesson 6: Stimulating exercises– look for exercises that will develop specific writing skills. Brainstorming as part of the group process. creative problem-solving for common writing troubles.
The finished product – we will read the final drafts by every student and review where they have used the skills learned in the class. We will focus on reinforcing what the students have learned throughout the course.
Things you should know before taking the HUNARly classes:
- Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
- Students code of conduct to be followed during the lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1rRraSHPE&t=30s
- After enrolling to the course, you will get access to ‘Learning Portal’ Tab. You can see the class notes listed, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead. The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the Learning Portal depending on the session’s progress.
- As these are small group lessons, so the course start date or classes during the holidays are tentative and can be slightly moved if more than 70% of participants have requested a change or are not available.
- During the course, if the teacher is not available, then we have the right to arrange a cover teacher or extend the course dates. We handpick the best teachers and do the due diligence for you so that the child’s learning is not discontinued.
- We are only responsible for the teaching of the courses and not the exam registrations. We can guide you upon request but we encourage you to be on top with the dates and submissions so that you do not miss out on important deadlines.
Any cancellation requests after payment will be refunded as HUNARly credits only, which means you can use the amount for your next course booking. We recommend you go through the course agenda, teacher profile, course fee, and after that proceed to enroll in the course.
Any queries, contact on whatsapp 07393129963 or you can also email us at email@example.com