Who is this course for?
For kids who will leaders of tomorrow. It will also be helpful for kids who are preparing for interviews in grammar schools and private schools. You can contact us on whatsapp 07393129963 to check the availability.
How to enrol to this course?
If you are interested in enrolling to this course?| CLICK HERE
If you have been informed about the availabilty of this course by our team then pls click on ‘BOOK NOW’ button beside the course fee to book for a course.
Click here for an EASY VIDEO GUIDE on how to book a course, get zoom link access and check notes & upload homework.
Please Note: As we do small group lessons so the published dates are tentative and can be slightly moved depending on the enrollments.
Agenda For 6 Lesson:
- Introduction to public speaking / debating
- Why is it useful?
- How can you practice it?
- Where do you already use these skills in normal life?
- Giving a short persuasive speech about something you already believe in
- g. Why people should like your favourite subject / sport / film?
- Swap with somebody else and give a short speech arguing for THEIR favourite subject / sport / film
- Where do you sometimes have to argue for something you don’t believe in real life?
- Looking at some famous speeches
- What makes them persuasive?
- What are some techniques that are often used?
- Discussing the arguments for and against a few different topics
- Thinking about how those arguments interact with each other
- What makes some more persuasive than others?
- Giving a short persuasive speech about a set topic – it might not be something that you already believe in
- g. Banning school uniform
- Looking at some arguments for and against a topic
- Discussing how you could respond to these arguments effectively
- Is there a response to that response?
- In pairs, give speeches for and against a topic, listening to what the other person says and responding to it
- As a group, discuss what was effective and what responses were persuasive
- Talking about how you can think of arguments for and against a topic in a short amount of time
- Taking part in the first full debate!
- Given time to think of arguments in break-out rooms and to write notes for a speech
- Focussing on interacting with each other’s arguments
- Discussing the arguments of the debate, what went well and how they could have been made even stronger
- Are there any patterns?
- Talking about particular rhetorical techniques
- g. speaking slowly, tricolons, rhetorical questions
- Creating a list and explaining how they’re useful
- Taking part in another full debate, particularly focussing on using those rhetorical techniques
- Discussing what went well and how the focussing on style improved the speeches
- Taking part in a final full debate, this time with slightly longer speeches
- Particularly remembering the rhetorical skills focussed on last week
- Also remembering the techniques for engaging with arguments and responding from previous weeks
Discussing what skills have been learned and how they can be applied in life
Things you should know before taking the HUNARly classes:
- Every Lesson at HUNARly is great learning, please set a reminder for the dates and timings of the Online Programme so that the child does not miss on the subject. We start our lessons on time, so make sure to join the link a few minutes before the class starts.
- Students code of conduct to be followed during the lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1rRraSHPE&t=30s
- After enrolling to the course, you will get access to ‘Learning Portal’ Tab. You can see the class notes listed, but we recommend the children to practice only what is completed in the class, and not to rush for lessons ahead. The teacher can sometimes go slow or go ahead in the Learning Portal depending on the session’s progress.
- As these are small group lessons, so the course start date or classes during the holidays are tentative and can be slightly moved if more than 70% of participants have requested a change or are not available.
- During the course, if the teacher is not available, then we have the right to arrange a cover teacher or extend the course dates. We handpick the best teachers and do the due diligence for you so that the child’s learning is not discontinued.
- We are only responsible for the teaching of the courses and not the exam registrations. We can guide you upon request but we encourage you to be on top with the dates and submissions so that you do not miss out on important deadlines.
Any cancellation requests after payment will be refunded as HUNARly credits only, which means you can use the amount for your next course booking. We recommend you go through the course agenda, teacher profile, course fee, and after that proceed to enroll in the course.
Any queries, contact on whatsapp 07393129963 or you can also email us at email@example.com